7th-Apr-21, 10:58 AM
Yes, the Scalextric Escorts, Cortinas and Minis are all fine. The only problems I was having were some longer-wheelbase Scalextric cars with low ground clearance - very rarely one would get 'beached' (which can happen even on flat Scalextric track!) or would turn 90-degrees and deslot. Flattening the centre of the 180-degree hairpin seems to have solved that issue for every car. I've spent a lot of time testing a lot of cars as I do want a variety of racing up (and down) the hill - mostly rally cars, but also classic sports cars from the Targa Florio era and any 'Formula Libre' style hill climb cars...
... I think I'm ready to get super-nerdy with dozens of classes so I can build and tune cars for various class records etc - that's what a hill climb is all about
... I think I'm ready to get super-nerdy with dozens of classes so I can build and tune cars for various class records etc - that's what a hill climb is all about

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)