Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software
#10

Hi Guys, sorry if this is not the right place, but I felt it better to add to this than start a new thread !
I have seen that you now can get Prusa i3 kit replicas for £115.
This started me wondering ... but that may be as far as it goes  Bigsmile

Would these be any good or is the low cost indicative of a poor quality product ?
How long does it take to print a chassis with such a machine ?

I am unsure if I could get my head around the 3D cad side off things, I used to do some basic 3D cad work for wood working CNC machines many many moons ago, but I feel I have forgotten most of it and may struggle to relearn it let alone with different software !

How much would suitable CAD software be ?

I am still thinking I am better off paying others to do things for me, but sometimes you just want something that is not worth anyone else's time or effort !

Realistically, how steep is the learning curve for someone who would basically be learning from scratch ?
Quote


Messages In This Thread
3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by Johnno - 1st-Jul-19, 09:15 PM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by MrFlippant - 2nd-Jul-19, 03:03 PM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by Scuderia_Turini - 12th-Dec-19, 06:47 PM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by MrFlippant - 12th-Dec-19, 06:55 PM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by Scuderia_Turini - 12th-Dec-19, 07:13 PM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by MrFlippant - 25th-Dec-19, 01:23 PM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by Scuderia_Turini - 26th-Dec-19, 12:12 AM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by MrFlippant - 26th-Dec-19, 12:52 AM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by Scuderia_Turini - 26th-Dec-19, 03:07 PM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by Savage GT - 7th-Apr-21, 05:34 AM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by JMay - 7th-Apr-21, 08:04 AM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by daisy8 - 29th-Oct-22, 01:22 PM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by MrFlippant - 7th-Apr-21, 06:09 PM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by Savage GT - 7th-Apr-21, 08:07 PM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by Bazzer - 7th-Apr-21, 08:48 PM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by Kevan - 19th-Oct-21, 01:08 PM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by MrFlippant - 19th-Oct-21, 05:14 PM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by MrFlippant - 29th-Oct-22, 06:17 PM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by Kevan - 29th-Oct-22, 06:24 PM
RE: 3D Printing & Printers: Hardware & Software - by JMay - 30th-Oct-22, 09:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by chappyman66
3rd-May-24, 06:04 PM
Last Post by Kevan
16th-Oct-22, 07:27 PM
Last Post by MrFlippant
13th-Nov-21, 06:12 PM
Last Post by Kevan
10th-Nov-21, 10:37 PM
Last Post by autoavia
9th-Nov-21, 03:41 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)