Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Lint Roller Track Cleaner
#6

(3rd-Apr-21, 04:00 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote:  Every time I see someone showing one of these, I wonder why a manufacturer has not produced one. (I know there was a small manufacturer who did offer one but it vanished quickly)

The IKEA lint-rollers are a global product these days so one based on those would be quite popular.
If I recall correctly, the offered unit could automatically run on batteries or track-power to cover situations where the track is really dusty/dirty.

Leo
Leo,

I actually have a design to use the ikea lint rollers and would gladly consider selling this. The main problem that I see is cost. The big costs in US dollars are tires 15.00, motor 20.00, control board for digital vehicles 30 -50, bearings 10.00 hardened shaft 10.00 . The prices I am listing include shipping and tax. If it is for a digital track that puts you at 95.00 before you even add some margin on it. This also doesn't account for filament, electricity, or assembly time. I would also be worried that anyone buying something wouldn't want to spend that kind of money on something 3D printed.  I personally would love to sell these but in my opinion I don't think I would be able to make any money at it. Unfortunately it is a niche market, and would most likely be priced out of most peoples budget in an already small market. Please don't take this as me being negative towards you, because I am not. I am just stating what I see as road blocks. I'm open to reasonable suggestions.

Kevin
[+] 1 member Likes Krpepe's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Lint Roller Track Cleaner - by Krpepe - 2nd-Apr-21, 11:32 PM
RE: Lint Roller Track Cleaner - by JasonB - 3rd-Apr-21, 12:12 AM
RE: Lint Roller Track Cleaner - by Krpepe - 3rd-Apr-21, 01:54 AM
RE: Lint Roller Track Cleaner - by Scuderia_Turini - 3rd-Apr-21, 04:00 PM
RE: Lint Roller Track Cleaner - by Krpepe - 3rd-Apr-21, 08:38 PM
RE: Lint Roller Track Cleaner - by Nonfractal - 5th-Apr-21, 08:28 PM
RE: Lint Roller Track Cleaner - by Krpepe - 10th-Apr-21, 05:10 PM
RE: Lint Roller Track Cleaner - by KensRedZed - 3rd-Apr-21, 05:50 PM
RE: Lint Roller Track Cleaner - by Krpepe - 3rd-Apr-21, 08:40 PM
RE: Lint Roller Track Cleaner - by Bon_Slott - 3rd-Apr-21, 08:53 PM
RE: Lint Roller Track Cleaner - by Krpepe - 3rd-Apr-21, 09:45 PM
RE: Lint Roller Track Cleaner - by Scuderia_Turini - 5th-Apr-21, 10:14 PM
RE: Lint Roller Track Cleaner - by Krpepe - 10th-Apr-21, 05:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Scuderia_Turini
14th-Apr-19, 10:45 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)