2nd-Apr-21, 11:32 PM
Because of the size and location of my track I have been looking for an easier way to clean it before a race. I would normally hop up, crawl around and wipe and vacuum it before a race. This was a pain and time consuming. Plus several pieces of track have been broken in the process of cleaning it.
So here is my latest creation!
"The Steam Roller" as named by BARacer
I made a track cleaner from a lint roller that has been cut in half and mounted on a pivoting axle. This is 3d printed except for the hardware and electronics. I designed a 12:1 gear reduction to slow it down and keep from burning up the motor. I tried a version that a car could push but it grips the track so well that a 1/24th car at slow speed was pulling slightly over 1 amp and really heating up the motor. All joints and axles are ball bearing The lint rollers can move up and down independently of the frame and also each roller can tilt to stay in contact with the track. I added a slot cleaner on the front of the vehicle. This is a printed keel covered with a piece of microfiber towel to clean the slot. Overall I am very satisfied with the cleaner, It does an excellent job of cleaning the track. We run silicones on our cars so can instantly tell if the track is dirty or not.
Hope you enjoy,
Kevin
So here is my latest creation!
"The Steam Roller" as named by BARacer
I made a track cleaner from a lint roller that has been cut in half and mounted on a pivoting axle. This is 3d printed except for the hardware and electronics. I designed a 12:1 gear reduction to slow it down and keep from burning up the motor. I tried a version that a car could push but it grips the track so well that a 1/24th car at slow speed was pulling slightly over 1 amp and really heating up the motor. All joints and axles are ball bearing The lint rollers can move up and down independently of the frame and also each roller can tilt to stay in contact with the track. I added a slot cleaner on the front of the vehicle. This is a printed keel covered with a piece of microfiber towel to clean the slot. Overall I am very satisfied with the cleaner, It does an excellent job of cleaning the track. We run silicones on our cars so can instantly tell if the track is dirty or not.
Hope you enjoy,
Kevin

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)