Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.)
#11

UHU makes a special "plastic glue" that is part epoxy resin. It is a nice compromise of rigidity and flexibility.

There are also 2-part epoxy resins that can be almost bullet-proof.

Both take a long time to dry though...

I have not tried the German (read: European) version of "shoe goo" yet but in the US I used this a lot when things has to stay flexible: (spoilers), mirrors...

I only user super glue when I have to (tires) as I don't like how it smokes plastic (yes I know baking powder keeps that from happening) and as I am all thumbs  I rarely get things set right the first time and the extra pressure of having to get things done quickly nearly gives me a heart attack... :-)
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.) - by Johnno - 16th-May-19, 01:52 AM
RE: Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.) - by steveaca - 16th-May-19, 05:39 AM
RE: Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.) - by Gordon Steadman - 16th-May-19, 06:16 AM
RE: Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.) - by Johnno - 16th-May-19, 06:43 AM
RE: Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.) - by Mr Modifier - 16th-May-19, 07:06 AM
RE: Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.) - by Johnno - 16th-May-19, 07:29 AM
RE: Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.) - by Kevan - 16th-May-19, 08:06 AM
RE: Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.) - by Kevan - 16th-May-19, 08:08 AM
RE: Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.) - by CMOTD - 16th-May-19, 08:39 AM
RE: Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.) - by Kevan - 16th-May-19, 09:01 AM
RE: Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.) - by dvd3500 - 16th-May-19, 09:51 AM
RE: Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.) - by Kevan - 16th-May-19, 11:29 AM
RE: Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.) - by Johnno - 17th-May-19, 02:52 AM
RE: Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.) - by Nonfractal - 15th-Jun-19, 08:54 PM
RE: Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.) - by Top Down - 15th-Jun-19, 10:23 PM
RE: Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.) - by CMOTD - 24th-Jun-19, 02:57 PM
RE: Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.) - by Fluff - 24th-Jun-19, 04:17 PM
RE: Repairing Bodies, Glues (Super Glue, Araldite, Epoxy etc.) - by Scuderia_Turini - 24th-Jun-19, 06:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)