Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

SCP-2 Repair...
#1

The outcome of my learning curve on track wiring and analogue cartridges is that I managed to damage the electronics in a SCP-2 handle.

What I did...
All I think I could have done is wire it up in the wrong positive/negative polarity to my Scalextric powerbase. I did also connect it to the Scalextric analogue powerbase when there was an unpowered Scalextric digital powerbase installed on the track.

What happens...
If I now connect it up to a power supply and track in the correct polarity, as soon as I pull the trigger, it blows the power supply.

You can buy the handles for £59, so is there any economical repair option possible, as I don't like the idea of just throwing it away?

Cheers.

I love puttering with gears
Quote


Messages In This Thread
SCP-2 Repair... - by BAracer - 1st-Apr-21, 07:15 AM
RE: SCP-2 Repair... - by Nonfractal - 1st-Apr-21, 08:46 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by m2k
6th-Jan-23, 11:07 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)