16th-May-19, 08:50 AM
I really dislike bases on figures, it looks so unrealistic and spoils many an otherwise excellent layout. I always cut them off which is easy with plastic ones but usually involves a dremel and a degree of swearing with metal ones. Tip - if you are going to dremel a metal figure then do it before you paint or you are guaranteed to slip and remove some.
I have used Leo's wire method on some of mine but Fluff pointed me in the direction of Tacky Wax LINK which was originally made to hold dolls house items in place. It will stick them down very well but they can be moved if necessary and, if they should have an unfortunate meeting with an errant car, will fall over rather than break as glued down ones do.
I have also had success with tiny magnets sourced from eBay fitted into the bottom of their feet and a metallic sheet under the grass.
I have used Leo's wire method on some of mine but Fluff pointed me in the direction of Tacky Wax LINK which was originally made to hold dolls house items in place. It will stick them down very well but they can be moved if necessary and, if they should have an unfortunate meeting with an errant car, will fall over rather than break as glued down ones do.
I have also had success with tiny magnets sourced from eBay fitted into the bottom of their feet and a metallic sheet under the grass.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)