Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces
#3

Ha! You'd better stay clear of any slot rally tracks then Bigsmile

   

Stelvio Hillclimb... Radius 1 heaven (hell for Alan), courtesy of Wye Valley.

A quick update on the pit exit 'Y'...
  • I tried a few different springs to try and soften the flipper. I found a longer SCX controller spring allowed cars to slip through at much slower speeds. I look forward to when I can safely rummage through the spring bin in a local hardware store. I'm looking for one the same length as the SCX spring, but slightly softer - I think that would be absolutely perfect.
  • I've ordered a DPDT relay board so I can use a more user-friendly push button to reverse the polarity on the main track. I will add a couple of LEDs in the module to indicate the direction of travel. The relay board will give me the opportunity to explore methods of automatic polarity changes triggered by the car. That needs to be bullet-proof.
I set up the full track plan last night, tweaked it to fit the space and did some partial 'laps' (the second loop wasn't isolated, so I left out one piece). I think that track build thread isn't far off...

   

And then I got ahead of myself and started looking at pictures and video (the wonderful VHS Rallies YouTube channel) to start getting inspiration for setting and scenery.
[+] 4 members Like woodcote's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by woodcote - 21st-Mar-21, 02:55 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by Nonfractal - 22nd-Mar-21, 06:39 AM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by woodcote - 22nd-Mar-21, 11:33 AM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by rallyhub - 22nd-Mar-21, 11:45 AM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by woodcote - 22nd-Mar-21, 12:05 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by rallyhub - 22nd-Mar-21, 03:04 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by Top Down - 22nd-Mar-21, 03:27 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by CMOTD - 22nd-Mar-21, 04:08 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by Top Down - 22nd-Mar-21, 04:44 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by woodcote - 22nd-Mar-21, 06:02 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by JasonB - 22nd-Mar-21, 06:20 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by Henk - 22nd-Mar-21, 08:09 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by woodcote - 22nd-Mar-21, 08:53 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by woodcote - 24th-Mar-21, 03:31 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by woodcote - 24th-Mar-21, 05:27 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by woodcote - 27th-Mar-21, 05:44 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by woodcote - 28th-Mar-21, 12:48 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by rallyhub - 28th-Mar-21, 01:24 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by woodcote - 28th-Mar-21, 03:34 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by Scuderia_Turini - 31st-Mar-21, 10:06 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by woodcote - 1st-Apr-21, 06:15 AM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by Scuderia_Turini - 2nd-Apr-21, 09:30 AM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by AdeC - 7th-Apr-21, 07:59 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by woodcote - 8th-Apr-21, 04:55 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by BAracer - 12th-Apr-21, 02:41 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by woodcote - 12th-Apr-21, 04:59 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by rallyhub - 12th-Apr-21, 05:19 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by woodcote - 12th-Apr-21, 05:51 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by JasonB - 14th-Apr-21, 11:07 PM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by rallyhub - 15th-Jan-22, 09:25 AM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by roguejackal - 15th-Jan-22, 08:45 AM
RE: Single Lane Hillclimb 'Y' Using Digital Pit Lane Pieces - by woodcote - 17th-Jan-22, 09:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by JasonB
13th-Mar-23, 12:46 PM
Last Post by 964rh
16th-Apr-21, 06:27 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)