Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Suspension basics
#12

Observation on the SRC 205, for discussion purposes only!

I have not run the car yet, but having opened it up the sniff around, I thought I would offer the following observation on the architecture of this successful slot car...

Being an inline motor, under acceleration, the pinion will push down on the crown gear, effectively locking out the suspension to the rear axle. And on braking, the pinion will be pushing up on the crown gear, effectively softening the suspension at the rear.

And I am trying to work out if the 4x4 rubber band will transfer the same effect to the front axle in those two conditions, but I am not confident in making any guess public on that!

But I think it might.

But I could be wrong.

I love puttering with gears
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Suspension basics - by Nonfractal - 20th-Mar-21, 04:16 PM
RE: Suspension basics - by BAracer - 20th-Mar-21, 08:34 PM
RE: Suspension basics - by Nonfractal - 21st-Mar-21, 06:37 AM
RE: Suspension basics - by BAracer - 21st-Mar-21, 08:01 AM
RE: Suspension basics - by Nonfractal - 21st-Mar-21, 08:35 AM
RE: Suspension basics - by woodcote - 21st-Mar-21, 09:06 AM
RE: Suspension basics - by OXO cube - 21st-Mar-21, 09:39 AM
RE: Suspension basics - by chrisguyw - 21st-Mar-21, 01:03 PM
RE: Suspension basics - by BAracer - 21st-Mar-21, 10:13 AM
RE: Suspension basics - by woodcote - 21st-Mar-21, 10:45 AM
RE: Suspension basics - by BAracer - 21st-Mar-21, 05:43 PM
RE: Suspension basics - by BAracer - 22nd-Mar-21, 08:49 AM
RE: Suspension basics - by Nonfractal - 23rd-Mar-21, 07:46 AM
RE: Suspension basics - by BAracer - 23rd-Mar-21, 12:32 PM
RE: Suspension basics - by BAracer - 23rd-Mar-21, 02:20 PM
RE: Suspension basics - by Nonfractal - 22nd-Dec-22, 08:10 PM
RE: Suspension basics - by Nonfractal - 22nd-Dec-22, 09:15 PM
RE: Suspension basics - by BAracer - 23rd-Dec-22, 11:22 AM
RE: Suspension basics - by Nonfractal - 23rd-Dec-22, 08:29 PM
RE: Suspension basics - by BAracer - 24th-Dec-22, 01:37 PM
RE: Suspension basics - by munter - 24th-Dec-22, 07:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BAracer
1st-Feb-20, 10:41 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)