Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

NSR Tires
#7

(13th-Mar-21, 08:10 AM)BARacer Wrote:  Loco 

Some of us here are thinking of entering the next Auslot touring car proxy. There is a tread on this in 'Tips & Tuning'. Soft rubber tyres don't seem to last the series. Do you think G25s might be more appropriate boots?

Whose proxy? Is that one based in Australia?  ( where a lot of tracks might still be finished with abrasive paints as a solution to dust problems), or the NZ originated ATCC one run by Dave (aka Crockett) with a mix of entrants from both countries? 
As I can't see any proxy thread updates that tie up with your post.
If it is one based in Oz that I don't know about, that may be the case, you'd need to research with the host about host track finishes.

If it is the ATCC one run by Dave Carter for about 4 years so far, with a lot of tracks in NZ, tyre life should not be an issue. All tracks here are usually gloss or semi-gloss, and tyres last just about forever.
- I have an ex proxy car from when I ran the Group 5 proxy, still on the original Ultragrips after 7 years....... and still winning at club half it's outings.
But I think Dave ran one year with track hosts in both countries.... you'll have to check. I couldn't comment on G25 outside of our gloss track experience.

If it's Dave's proxy and you need any info. Holler, and I will ask him at club next week.
[+] 1 member Likes slotloco's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
NSR Tires - by TRUCKER - 11th-Mar-21, 06:26 PM
RE: NSR Tires - by Nonfractal - 11th-Mar-21, 08:08 PM
RE: NSR Tires - by slotloco - 13th-Mar-21, 12:30 AM
RE: NSR Tires - by Nonfractal - 13th-Mar-21, 07:11 AM
RE: NSR Tires - by slotloco - 13th-Mar-21, 08:07 AM
RE: NSR Tires - by BAracer - 13th-Mar-21, 08:10 AM
RE: NSR Tires - by slotloco - 14th-Mar-21, 12:37 AM
RE: NSR Tires - by BAracer - 14th-Mar-21, 08:12 AM
RE: NSR Tires - by Kevan - 28th-Sep-23, 10:48 PM
RE: NSR Tires - by BAracer - 29th-Sep-23, 05:57 AM
RE: NSR Tires - by Kevan - 29th-Sep-23, 08:37 AM
RE: NSR Tires - by munter - 29th-Sep-23, 07:34 PM
RE: NSR Tires - by MrFlippant - 29th-Sep-23, 09:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Johnno
27th-Oct-22, 05:28 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)