Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Info Ahoy
#1

Ahoy!
I’m Tom 45 years old and I have 4 lovely daughters 
I started with slot when I got a set at early age from Santa Claus, who didn’t have a set when they were kids. ?
I had my first decent set about 15 years ago and started to collect cars and made a permanent track at that time. 
Sold everything a few years later. 
Got into modeltrains, rc cars, but the slotcars kept interesting me. 
About a year ago I placed an advert to sell one of my rc cars, a guy responded if I maybe was interested in a swap, my car against a slotcar set and a big box of extra track......
So I got back into slotcars. 
I have a big attic and the planning was to build a permanent track, not to big, and as a former modeltrain guy I wanted to build it as realistic as possible. 
Also the cars have to look as realistic possible, I learned myself to weather in my train period. 
So I tried it on my cars, I call it “the last lap look “
Recently I started to make slotcars out of static models as I found a 1/32 VW bus in a recycle shop nearby. 
So I’m really loving this hobby, it’s relaxing and a pure pleasure for me to build, customise and working on the cars and the layout. 
What more does a man need
[+] 6 members Like Reeves's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Ahoy - by Reeves - 9th-Mar-21, 04:32 AM
RE: Ahoy - by Savage GT - 9th-Mar-21, 07:04 AM
RE: Ahoy - by rallyhub - 9th-Mar-21, 09:10 AM
RE: Ahoy - by Reeves - 9th-Mar-21, 01:26 PM
RE: Ahoy - by Reeves - 9th-Mar-21, 01:31 PM
RE: Ahoy - by KensRedZed - 9th-Mar-21, 01:43 PM
RE: Ahoy - by rallyhub - 9th-Mar-21, 02:06 PM
RE: Ahoy - by BAracer - 9th-Mar-21, 02:30 PM
RE: Ahoy - by Reeves - 10th-Mar-21, 12:43 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)