12th-May-19, 10:06 AM
Henk - you're absolutely right that the new forum will need time to grow. However, to grow into something worthwhile it will need gentle nurturing and encouragement - as well as patience.
One thing I like about Slot Racer Online is that it is a hybrid of static website and forum. There is space in this world for the kind of content that is simply not possible on social media. That's why I think it is important we nurture and encourage that sort of content here - and then share the links to social media and to our clubs and with our slot car friends and acquaintances.
I have had positive feedback about my posts on Slot Racer Online from people who have followed the links. They have not signed up or posted here, but they have used the site. I would think most traffic to forums is casual browsing - and that is no bad thing. Anonymous 'lurkers' are going to be learning new things and getting inspired by what we post here.
There are a lot of ways that people share their passion for their hobbies - at clubs, public events, conventions, birthday parties, on facebook, WeChat, instagram, whatsapp groups, twitter, blogs, paper and ink magazines, ebooks, websites, YouTube channels, articles in local newspapers, forum posts - you name a way of communicating, people will be using it to share their passions. There is no one way, neither any obsolete ways. Every platform probably has its own 'best way' - and that's a big opportunity to develop Slot Racer Online.
One thing I like about Slot Racer Online is that it is a hybrid of static website and forum. There is space in this world for the kind of content that is simply not possible on social media. That's why I think it is important we nurture and encourage that sort of content here - and then share the links to social media and to our clubs and with our slot car friends and acquaintances.
I have had positive feedback about my posts on Slot Racer Online from people who have followed the links. They have not signed up or posted here, but they have used the site. I would think most traffic to forums is casual browsing - and that is no bad thing. Anonymous 'lurkers' are going to be learning new things and getting inspired by what we post here.
There are a lot of ways that people share their passion for their hobbies - at clubs, public events, conventions, birthday parties, on facebook, WeChat, instagram, whatsapp groups, twitter, blogs, paper and ink magazines, ebooks, websites, YouTube channels, articles in local newspapers, forum posts - you name a way of communicating, people will be using it to share their passions. There is no one way, neither any obsolete ways. Every platform probably has its own 'best way' - and that's a big opportunity to develop Slot Racer Online.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)