11th-Feb-21, 02:45 PM
Thanks both. It's sort of happened by accident. I started buying Police cars not really intending to keep them necessarily, but then buying Scalextric catalogues and books and seeing that Scalextric had produced quite a few different police cars over the years, so then looking out for those, and then spotting police and safety cars from other manufacturers, and then things sort of gathering momentum. A lot of these get bought, photographed and then hidden safely in boxes in the loft so this is the closest I've got to seeing them all together, and yes I'm also quite impressed by the range here!
I've been buying/collecting slot cars for over 15 years and I suppose like a lot of others here I certainly wouldn't be willing/able to afford to buy many of these if I started now... there's definitely something in collecting that's about being in the right place at the right time, those little out of hours checks on eBay to see what others have missed, being at a swapmeet and discovering just the car you've been hunting for lying hidden just out of view.
Anyway, more to come...
I've been buying/collecting slot cars for over 15 years and I suppose like a lot of others here I certainly wouldn't be willing/able to afford to buy many of these if I started now... there's definitely something in collecting that's about being in the right place at the right time, those little out of hours checks on eBay to see what others have missed, being at a swapmeet and discovering just the car you've been hunting for lying hidden just out of view.
Anyway, more to come...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)