11th-Feb-21, 11:19 AM
2014 was a bit of a special year for my collection of Emergency vehicles. I'd had a thread like this one running on Slotforum for a 3 or 4 years and a fellow member FZSemans had posted photos of his Carrera Plymouth Roadrunner Police in blue and white, a special very limited edition of the black and white one I bought the year before, made for a store in Germany I think. Being a fan of 70s British Leyland stuff the yellow Scalextrc Rover 3500 Marshal car had also caught my eye, and the old Scalextric Aston Martin Marshal car was also on my radar but all three were expensive in good boxed condition as they were rare and sought after.
A couple of years later I got a message from FZSemans to say he was thinning his collection and would I like the blue and white Roadrunner Police, on the basis it was for keeps and I wouldn't sell it on for a quick profit. So I got this, and a couple of other hard to find Carrera cars for a fair bit less that their value at the time. Yes I've still got it, and it will probably be one of the last cars I ever get rid of. I know I'd never be able to afford to get another one, and it's also sort of a reminder of the kindness of strangers on the internet who just happen to share a hobby!
If that wasn't enough, later in the year another SF member, LooseSalute, contacted me to say he was getting rid of a number of Scalextric cars including the Aston Martin and Rover 3500 Marshal cars and did I want them? Obvs I said yes and so within a few months I'd got hold of all three cars that were top of my wish list.
A couple of years later I got a message from FZSemans to say he was thinning his collection and would I like the blue and white Roadrunner Police, on the basis it was for keeps and I wouldn't sell it on for a quick profit. So I got this, and a couple of other hard to find Carrera cars for a fair bit less that their value at the time. Yes I've still got it, and it will probably be one of the last cars I ever get rid of. I know I'd never be able to afford to get another one, and it's also sort of a reminder of the kindness of strangers on the internet who just happen to share a hobby!
If that wasn't enough, later in the year another SF member, LooseSalute, contacted me to say he was getting rid of a number of Scalextric cars including the Aston Martin and Rover 3500 Marshal cars and did I want them? Obvs I said yes and so within a few months I'd got hold of all three cars that were top of my wish list.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)