3rd-Feb-21, 05:06 PM
(2nd-Feb-21, 07:18 PM)Scuderia_Turin Wrote: Hello Bill, Greetings from Scotland.
You have not told us where you are on the planet?
Interesting photograph, what is the back-story on that?
Leo
**********
Hi Leo,
Shelton, in Western Washington State, just up the Eastern side of the peninsula; where the salmon swim across the road in the monsoon season. Reputed to be the farthest point west on Puget Sound. An odd place, where Hammesrlay Inlet and Hood Canal are separated by a mere few miles of dirt. However, nautically one must travel hours north up into the San Juan Islands to get from one to the other; but you can drive from one to the other in minutes.
The root powered slot car was a spoof for my beloved missus. In todays age the saw bones cant call you chubby anymore, but he made certain implications. I'm guilty of losing track of time when in the slot cave, and from time to time Robi brings me a delicious snack (read reminder), that there is more to life than slotcars. Per the new mandate, Veggies were substituted for a cookie or some chips. I polished off the yummy sandwich, and in mock protest snuck my plate to the kitchen as shown above. She brought it back upstairs and exclaimed that, I wasnt getting out of it that easily, and that we didnt waste food in this house. She made me eat it. A joke all around, as I love my veggies in all forms, but I also love to make her laugh. I thanked her with a wink, for not making me eat the car parts too.
The way I see it, it's a hobby dedicated to 'lil toy cars. Periodic injections of idiocy or non conformism are mandatory to offset the obsession. Humor and whimsy are the two most important tools in the kit.
Thanks for the warm welcome. Y'all are most kind!
Where some must die, so that others may live.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)