26th-Jan-21, 11:00 AM
Second Escort arrived, and has been completed :)
I did end up cutting of the lower front panel from the original chassis as Rallyhub mentioned, purely because I felt it would look better.
It is close to the front screws so trimming the panel and chassis was an exercise in little and often so as not to compromise chassis strength or bodywork cosmetics.
Kudos to Amato chassis for being well made that I could trim it without fear of anything breaking. (unlike some I have used in the past!).
But it turned out OK and the main reason for changing was to get a nice wood track performance, and lose the FF motor for something with brakes and a bit slower.
The stock interior would have needed a fair bit of chopping to allow clearance, so I opted for taking the easy route and using a lexan one, I have used modern heads/helmets because the my idea for these was resto-mod original race cars being used today.
![[Image: X0IbCEk.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/X0IbCEk.jpg)
With the slower motor geared 8/25 the cars hit max speed around 1/4 to 1/3 the length of my back straight, is very driveable and handles well
The cars use Slot.It G25 rear tyres which work well without the need to glue and true.
As you can see, tyre clearance in all directions is very tight, but I assure you there is just about enough room not to rub !
![[Image: q8M6EOO.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/q8M6EOO.jpg)
And finally a gratuitous pic of the pair
I did end up cutting of the lower front panel from the original chassis as Rallyhub mentioned, purely because I felt it would look better.
It is close to the front screws so trimming the panel and chassis was an exercise in little and often so as not to compromise chassis strength or bodywork cosmetics.
Kudos to Amato chassis for being well made that I could trim it without fear of anything breaking. (unlike some I have used in the past!).
But it turned out OK and the main reason for changing was to get a nice wood track performance, and lose the FF motor for something with brakes and a bit slower.
The stock interior would have needed a fair bit of chopping to allow clearance, so I opted for taking the easy route and using a lexan one, I have used modern heads/helmets because the my idea for these was resto-mod original race cars being used today.
![[Image: X0IbCEk.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/X0IbCEk.jpg)
With the slower motor geared 8/25 the cars hit max speed around 1/4 to 1/3 the length of my back straight, is very driveable and handles well
The cars use Slot.It G25 rear tyres which work well without the need to glue and true.
As you can see, tyre clearance in all directions is very tight, but I assure you there is just about enough room not to rub !
![[Image: q8M6EOO.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/q8M6EOO.jpg)
And finally a gratuitous pic of the pair

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)