23rd-Jan-21, 05:55 PM
Hello and Welcome
That is a great way to start your slot car hobby
Great looking layout with some excellent elevation changes. Looks fun to drive! Really good idea to have some boards around the edge to stop errant cars from crashing straight to the floor. Slot cars are robust little things, but falling from a height is NOT the way to go
I have boards positioned on both my layouts for just this reason.
On the long downhill/uphill straight you may find your cars deslot quite often at the digital crossover as they will be going pretty quickly.
If you reposition the digital crossover nearer to a corner, where the cars are travelling slower, you may find your cars deslot less. They usually work better from a lower speed than full throttle on a long stretch.
As for slotracer.online, and particularly the forum, you will be amazed at the knowledge available. I have found everyone incredibly helpful and extremely friendly. So any questions just ask, somebody will come to your rescue I am sure
Pip
That is a great way to start your slot car hobby
Great looking layout with some excellent elevation changes. Looks fun to drive! Really good idea to have some boards around the edge to stop errant cars from crashing straight to the floor. Slot cars are robust little things, but falling from a height is NOT the way to go
I have boards positioned on both my layouts for just this reason.
On the long downhill/uphill straight you may find your cars deslot quite often at the digital crossover as they will be going pretty quickly.
If you reposition the digital crossover nearer to a corner, where the cars are travelling slower, you may find your cars deslot less. They usually work better from a lower speed than full throttle on a long stretch.
As for slotracer.online, and particularly the forum, you will be amazed at the knowledge available. I have found everyone incredibly helpful and extremely friendly. So any questions just ask, somebody will come to your rescue I am sure
Pip

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)