16th-Jan-21, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the welcome both!
I've just been doing some bench testing with an old Arc Air powerbase and a multi-meter. I think my assumption that a +5v pulse to a certain pin on the sensor connector is the problem, it's not how the Scalextric system detects the guide blade; instead what seems to be the case is the following:
red = gnd
white = +2v with no car on lane 1
white = 0v with a car's guide blade blocking the IR sensor on lane 1
Back to the instructions for the track interface for 'negative going' - I think this is more likely the right setting to fool the Scalextric unit...
I've just been doing some bench testing with an old Arc Air powerbase and a multi-meter. I think my assumption that a +5v pulse to a certain pin on the sensor connector is the problem, it's not how the Scalextric system detects the guide blade; instead what seems to be the case is the following:
red = gnd
white = +2v with no car on lane 1
white = 0v with a car's guide blade blocking the IR sensor on lane 1
Back to the instructions for the track interface for 'negative going' - I think this is more likely the right setting to fool the Scalextric unit...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)