Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Cleaning off glue residue
#2

I had a similar issue with somebody else's over exuberant use of styrene cement and - no guarantee it will work for you but - I spotted advice to stick the body in the freezer then have a go at it. 

It certainly helped me with shaving it away using the sharp edge of a new craft knife blade BUT I wasn't trying to preserve original paint. I wanted to get back to  the bare plastic anyway. It WAS a case of of being very patient and careful though, as I didn't want to damage the surface of the plastic itself.

Good luck, however you choose to do it  Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes Top Down's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Cleaning off glue residue - by BAracer - 4th-Jan-21, 11:32 AM
RE: Cleaning off glue residue - by Top Down - 4th-Jan-21, 01:44 PM
RE: Cleaning off glue residue - by Anthony B - 4th-Jan-21, 02:07 PM
RE: Cleaning off glue residue - by KensRedZed - 4th-Jan-21, 10:11 PM
RE: Cleaning off glue residue - by chrisguyw - 4th-Jan-21, 10:52 PM
RE: Cleaning off glue residue - by DPJ - 5th-Jan-21, 12:09 AM
RE: Cleaning off glue residue - by BAracer - 5th-Jan-21, 08:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by 42redcat
21st-May-22, 09:09 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)