1st-Jan-21, 04:05 PM
Hello all and thanks for the replies so far. I am an expat in Italy who co-owns a business in the UK. I am starting from zero and envisage the track being constructed to my brief at the builder’s location and then dismantled as appropriate and shipped either to my company or direct to my home in Venice at my expense. I have plenty of experience of shipping items here from the UK!
I have put together a detailed brief accompanied by a number of sketches. In essence there is a base unit that will be about 4 x 4 x 6 feet and will be designed to flat pack, plus a smaller satellite unit; there is a total area of about 45 square feet to have track and scenery. The track will constitute a hillclimb with two areas within the base unit sitting one above the other.
There are a lot of Scalextric items to track down and refurbish plus plenty of scenery to make so this is a major project. It isn’t urgent and I might decide to have a friend bring it over in a van so sadly that is some months away… It is a lot of work for someone but I am prepared to pay a realistic rate for the job and of course to fund the various purchases they will need to make. As soon as the right person comes along I will put down a deposit so that they can get to work!
I have put together a detailed brief accompanied by a number of sketches. In essence there is a base unit that will be about 4 x 4 x 6 feet and will be designed to flat pack, plus a smaller satellite unit; there is a total area of about 45 square feet to have track and scenery. The track will constitute a hillclimb with two areas within the base unit sitting one above the other.
There are a lot of Scalextric items to track down and refurbish plus plenty of scenery to make so this is a major project. It isn’t urgent and I might decide to have a friend bring it over in a van so sadly that is some months away… It is a lot of work for someone but I am prepared to pay a realistic rate for the job and of course to fund the various purchases they will need to make. As soon as the right person comes along I will put down a deposit so that they can get to work!

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)