Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Quick gear failure
#1

Hi!

The boy and I unboxed a new scalextric set (police chase) and a couple of new cars. After adjusting the contact on one controller (thanks for the tip!) we really got it rolling. The Ferarri 412 is awesome!

A brand new Mini Cooper made a few laps and then started groaning a bit. I took the top off and discovered the crown gear is all chewed up. 

1) Is this normal? I have to think "no"
2) How easy it is to replace?
3) How do I know what size, ratio, etc when shopping for replacements?
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Quick gear failure - by scottbrooks - 27th-Dec-20, 02:38 AM
RE: Quick gear failure - by Nonfractal - 27th-Dec-20, 06:18 AM
RE: Quick gear failure - by Top Down - 27th-Dec-20, 08:06 AM
RE: Quick gear failure - by autoavia - 27th-Dec-20, 11:59 AM
RE: Quick gear failure - by scottbrooks - 27th-Dec-20, 03:47 PM
RE: Quick gear failure - by KensRedZed - 28th-Dec-20, 12:12 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Tibbs
4th-Oct-24, 07:48 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)