16th-Dec-20, 02:48 PM
Shock horror! It's a ...can't believe I'm saying this but........it's a Scalex car!
Out here, every ex pat seems to have an old Scalex set in the loft that they bought out here for some reason. I advertised a while ago to see if anyone wanted to come and race on my track but just got a zillion offers of loft finds!
So far, 100% of the track has been unusable, bent, broken, rusty etc. Cars ditto although, let's face it, they weren't fit for purpose in the first place (probably better now - wouldn't know)
I was dumping some bits yesterday when I found a Porsche under one set of track pieces. I had no idea it was there. My usual practice is to put the cars on the track, decide that they are rubbish and add them to the pile awaiting the dump.
This one though, looked quite decent so, once the bits had been removed, I set about getting rid of that ugly great whale tail thingy on the back.
Quick colour and I reckon it will look OK when it's done. Not sure what chassis it will get yet.
Oops, pics round wrong way but no huge problem.
Out here, every ex pat seems to have an old Scalex set in the loft that they bought out here for some reason. I advertised a while ago to see if anyone wanted to come and race on my track but just got a zillion offers of loft finds!
So far, 100% of the track has been unusable, bent, broken, rusty etc. Cars ditto although, let's face it, they weren't fit for purpose in the first place (probably better now - wouldn't know)
I was dumping some bits yesterday when I found a Porsche under one set of track pieces. I had no idea it was there. My usual practice is to put the cars on the track, decide that they are rubbish and add them to the pile awaiting the dump.
This one though, looked quite decent so, once the bits had been removed, I set about getting rid of that ugly great whale tail thingy on the back.
Quick colour and I reckon it will look OK when it's done. Not sure what chassis it will get yet.
Oops, pics round wrong way but no huge problem.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)