Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Spark Plug Dongle
#7

Hello Graham,
If you get these, it would be great to get your feedback.  

I see the portable device "controller" as the only way that the slot-car hobby can stay relevant to future generations. I bought the Spark-Plugs to try them out personally and then pass on to my great-nephews. Sadlly great-nephews have shown little interest in the Micro Scalextric set that they have so I am still at phase one. Part of the problem is that the kids are too young to have their own portable devices so perhaps in a few years.

For me switching from traditional controllers was a bit challenging but once I had run a few laps I was able to get decent lap times. The only snag that I found is that if I had to put a car back in its slot I would inevitably rotate my phone/tablet so that when resumed driving, the screen would be the wrong way around.

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 1 member Likes Scuderia_Turini's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Spark Plug Dongle - by SevernCrescentRacing - 8th-Dec-20, 07:46 PM
RE: Spark Plug Dongle - by woodcote - 8th-Dec-20, 07:57 PM
RE: Spark Plug Dongle - by SevernCrescentRacing - 8th-Dec-20, 08:06 PM
RE: Spark Plug Dongle - by woodcote - 8th-Dec-20, 08:30 PM
RE: Spark Plug Dongle - by SevernCrescentRacing - 8th-Dec-20, 08:45 PM
RE: Spark Plug Dongle - by dvd3500 - 8th-Dec-20, 08:54 PM
RE: Spark Plug Dongle - by Scuderia_Turini - 9th-Dec-20, 02:58 PM
RE: Spark Plug Dongle - by SevernCrescentRacing - 9th-Dec-20, 08:33 PM
RE: Spark Plug Dongle - by Scuderia_Turini - 9th-Dec-20, 08:44 PM
RE: Spark Plug Dongle - by SevernCrescentRacing - 9th-Dec-20, 09:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)