11th-Oct-20, 05:27 PM
Yo Jason,
Somehow I missed this topic - one of the cars on my 1:32 wish list. Great to see it, I don't recall seeing a similar slot-car.
My automobile roots are in Rootes and one book in my library ( 'Rootes Maestros' ) has a good chapter on the development of Tigers for motorsport. As is well known, they fell foul of the Chrysler take-over as no Chrysler family engine would fit and they didn't want to continue with the Ford engine.
Point Of Order: the Tiger was sold as Sunbeam Tiger, no reference to Alpine origins.
Leo
Somehow I missed this topic - one of the cars on my 1:32 wish list. Great to see it, I don't recall seeing a similar slot-car.
My automobile roots are in Rootes and one book in my library ( 'Rootes Maestros' ) has a good chapter on the development of Tigers for motorsport. As is well known, they fell foul of the Chrysler take-over as no Chrysler family engine would fit and they didn't want to continue with the Ford engine.
Point Of Order: the Tiger was sold as Sunbeam Tiger, no reference to Alpine origins.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)