28th-Apr-19, 09:08 AM
As I've been voted into the position of Scrutineer at ESC (Eastcote Scalex Club..soon to be added to this forum) I need to have a gauss checker (magnetometer in other words) to check the magnetic power of motors.
The only checker that I was ever aware of was the one made by DS, but unfortunately they stopped making them a few years ago. There does not appear to be any 'suitable' replacement on the market now.
NOTE:- Do not confuse a Magnetometer/Gauss checker with an EMF checker. An EMF meter measures electromagnetism..in other words the magnetic field generated around something that has electricity flowing through it....like cables in the wall. A magnetometer measures the magnetic field around an object that has magnets in it without any electrical power flowing through it, like a slot car motor off the track.
The only checker that I was ever aware of was the one made by DS, but unfortunately they stopped making them a few years ago. There does not appear to be any 'suitable' replacement on the market now.
NOTE:- Do not confuse a Magnetometer/Gauss checker with an EMF checker. An EMF meter measures electromagnetism..in other words the magnetic field generated around something that has electricity flowing through it....like cables in the wall. A magnetometer measures the magnetic field around an object that has magnets in it without any electrical power flowing through it, like a slot car motor off the track.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)