8th-Oct-20, 11:38 PM
Hello Abie321,
This is a bit of a loaded question... No quick answer.
Yes I have used this method exclusively since these chassis's started winning races. I was supposed to get started in brass. But ended up figuring out aluminum first.
These chassis are home-made in my basement. Almost anyone can make one themselves. You just need the right tools. And a little bit of machining knowledge.
Basic tools are... Standard drill press with a Proxxon XY compound table, and precision vise. The compound table allows the chassis/part to move from one axle hole to another while keeping both axles perfectly in line. The right tools make this idiot proof. (Yes I know they make a new and improved idiot every year. I volunteered for the job but someone else got it)
Drills and countersink for the body screws.
Pilot drill, #14 drill bit, and a 3/16" inch reamer for the axles.
Then it's a matter of doing the work. Body screw holes first.
Axle saddles to be done next. Pilot drill first. #14 drill second. Then the reamer last.
Then to the bandsaw to remove the cut-off.
Ken
This is a bit of a loaded question... No quick answer.
Yes I have used this method exclusively since these chassis's started winning races. I was supposed to get started in brass. But ended up figuring out aluminum first.
These chassis are home-made in my basement. Almost anyone can make one themselves. You just need the right tools. And a little bit of machining knowledge.
Basic tools are... Standard drill press with a Proxxon XY compound table, and precision vise. The compound table allows the chassis/part to move from one axle hole to another while keeping both axles perfectly in line. The right tools make this idiot proof. (Yes I know they make a new and improved idiot every year. I volunteered for the job but someone else got it)
Drills and countersink for the body screws.
Pilot drill, #14 drill bit, and a 3/16" inch reamer for the axles.
Then it's a matter of doing the work. Body screw holes first.
Axle saddles to be done next. Pilot drill first. #14 drill second. Then the reamer last.
Then to the bandsaw to remove the cut-off.
Ken

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)