18th-Sep-20, 02:51 PM
Review of Carrera Lap counter
Last week I posted a message looking for one of the above pictured lap counters. I received a link from member Henk to contact Klaas Bos at Slotrace shop in Holland . :https://www.slotraceshop.nl/product/elek...ler-71590/
First I must thank them both and recommend visiting Klaas' site where you will find some fantastic deals plus a virtual tour of the premises.
The mail order experience was excellent and the parcel arrived promptly by courier .
The beauty of this item is its simplicity .Firstly the instructions are very easy to follow .the various modes are clear and simple which makes it a joy to use whether it is in timed mode or lap count mode .There is a count down to the start and a buzzer for the finish .Fastest lap display and final position are easy to access.
The unit can be adjusted to fit a variety of track widths and in my opinion is the perfect accessory for any two lane analogue home circuit regardless of manufacture .
How would I rate it against other similar products ,Compared to the DS system it is much lower tech and doesn't have the luxury of expansion to more lanes ,it also doesn't have a power off /on option at the start or finish and this is of course reflected in the price .It is more user friendly than any of the other products from Scalextric /Ninco/SCX etc and for me this is a big selling point .
Of course many will want a computer controlled counter but not all enthusiasts have the ability to set up /install /use these race management systems .For carpet racers the Carrera is the best option as it takes seconds to install .
If I had to mark this product out of 10 I would give it 10 .
Many thanks again to Klaas for the swift delivery and to Henk for the link .
Last week I posted a message looking for one of the above pictured lap counters. I received a link from member Henk to contact Klaas Bos at Slotrace shop in Holland . :https://www.slotraceshop.nl/product/elek...ler-71590/
First I must thank them both and recommend visiting Klaas' site where you will find some fantastic deals plus a virtual tour of the premises.
The mail order experience was excellent and the parcel arrived promptly by courier .
The beauty of this item is its simplicity .Firstly the instructions are very easy to follow .the various modes are clear and simple which makes it a joy to use whether it is in timed mode or lap count mode .There is a count down to the start and a buzzer for the finish .Fastest lap display and final position are easy to access.
The unit can be adjusted to fit a variety of track widths and in my opinion is the perfect accessory for any two lane analogue home circuit regardless of manufacture .
How would I rate it against other similar products ,Compared to the DS system it is much lower tech and doesn't have the luxury of expansion to more lanes ,it also doesn't have a power off /on option at the start or finish and this is of course reflected in the price .It is more user friendly than any of the other products from Scalextric /Ninco/SCX etc and for me this is a big selling point .
Of course many will want a computer controlled counter but not all enthusiasts have the ability to set up /install /use these race management systems .For carpet racers the Carrera is the best option as it takes seconds to install .
If I had to mark this product out of 10 I would give it 10 .
Many thanks again to Klaas for the swift delivery and to Henk for the link .

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)