Thanks John , I thought it unusual but a nice symmetry to the shape .I start jobs as you say ,steady with thought ,and then rush to the finish just to see what it looks like ,with lot's of ,I'll get back to that bit later ,but never do !!!
Done a bit more today ,finished the chassis ,it goes quite well for such a tiny motor ,a bit sedate but at least it should not damage the model .Primed all the pieces ,it's so hot in the shed the paint was drying before it got to the part .Now sit back deep breath before proceeding .The kit itself goes together very well and has a wealth of detail .Already starting to get impatient !!!
Well up early again today and finished the Maserati ,really over the moon with this ,no major cockups ,even managed to get the screen stuck in with no finger marks ,how long it stays in is another matter .A really nice kit and a joy to build .