Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Good moves for both of them I reckon.
I guess Vettel will be retiring, which I think is a shame.
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
The lure of "Ferrari" did in Fernando Alonso as well. There are stories of other drivers being pressured out in previous years and decades but to quote Hal David - "Knowing when to leave may be the smartest thing anyone can learn".
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
I have lost so much interest in F1 I didnt even know that Vettels racing partner scored 4 more points than he did last year.
I honestly think he has focussed on his family and after the Singapre debacle a few years ago, he lost his edge (iow - fear krept in) and as a result made mistakes and slowed down that micro amount.
The trick of a true champion is to retire at the right time!
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
(14th-May-20, 07:46 AM)abie321 Wrote: The trick of a true champion is to retire at the right time!
You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away and know when to run
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealing's done
•