Posts: 23
Threads: 2
Likes Received: 14 in 9 posts
Likes Given: 74
Joined: Apr 2019
Hi
I can't see anything on the index page for Proxy Racing. In most Forums there is a specific area to post as the threads can be fairly long and need different sections such as Rules, Car builds and individual races.
Regards
Alan
•
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
22nd-Apr-19, 03:24 PM
Hellooo Alan
Good to see you here. Still in our formative phase - I am sure Jason will sort something out after the weekend
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
I'm going to set up an "Events" section, would that be okay for proxies?
Posts: 23
Threads: 2
Likes Received: 14 in 9 posts
Likes Given: 74
Joined: Apr 2019
Thanks Guys
Obviously up to you where you put, it but I think Events is for more "one off" type get togethers. Proxy Racing is much more a whole forum in itself due to the various different elements. I would start a new section called Proxy Racing, because there are many competitions in a year. HRW seems at the moment to be the Forum for World Proxy events and you can see there the scale of postings. I'm sure Alexis Gaitanis would like an input into this discussion.
Regards
Alan
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Okay let's have a think and see what Alexis has to add.
One of the reasons I mentioned an events section was that it was requested for the specific purpose of posting proxies.
We're happy to go with the consensus, but perhaps an Events section with a specific proxy forum within might make sense?
•
Posts: 285
Threads: 53
Likes Received: 402 in 177 posts
Likes Given: 39
Joined: Apr 2019
My 2p,i think a separate proxy forum would make proxy racing stand out.In mho proxies are not ,as they should and could be,as popular in Europe as they are in USA.So making them stand out would give them a chance to expand.
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
I agree, proxy needs it's own section. I'm currently following three, there's at least 4 of our club members with cars in proxies at the mo.
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Okay, I think we can probably agree to give proxies their own forum, but I'm going to argue against giving them a whole section.
I think we need to keep sections, or categories for much wider subjects such as "Slot Cars", or "Tracks & Scenery" and have separate forums under each category to deal with specific areas.
So, I can see two options. We can put the new forum into the "Racing" section, or we could put it into a "News & Events" section which we're setting up soon.
Any thoughts?
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
22nd-Apr-19, 08:42 PM
'Racing'/'Proxy Racing'
•
Posts: 285
Threads: 53
Likes Received: 402 in 177 posts
Likes Given: 39
Joined: Apr 2019
•