Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Question Equal Lane Length...? Does it Matter? Thoughts..?
#11

Unless you plan from the beginning for just that result all the lanes rarely come out EXACTLY the same.

In our club racing format each racer rotates through all of the lanes so if there is a bit of a difference it doesn't matter.

My track I've only measured the middle lane to figure the track length, it was a smidgen under 70'

Another club track was planned by the owner with an equal # of left and right curves and the same radius's for each direction. all three lanes are exactly the same. 66.5'

One of our 1/24 scale 4 lane tracks was recently measured and the result was about a 1-2" stagger over 70'
Quote
#12

(30th-Mar-20, 03:06 PM)Tamar Wrote:  I'd just love to have a 320m long scale copy of the Nurburg Ring....

Hell-Yeah !
Quote
#13

Now, I agree I am a poor driver on a small track but at 2 lanes there seems to be minimal difference.  The inner track is a bit shorter but you have to take the R!'s particularly, slower than the Outer lane so I can get within a couple of tenths either way,' I'm not that consistent.  To be fair its a non issuefor me as if I am racing, its against pace cars and then track length does not come into it its, planning and fuel use than really count after driver skill (or in my cake lack of  same).
[+] 1 member Likes UshCha's post
Quote
#14

(30th-Mar-20, 12:34 PM)Fluff Wrote:  <snip>
but in all honesty the flyover with fast cars is a pain in the arse as the launch themselves into the scenery hence the GOLD meetings cause so much damage on my track <snip>

Steve

Yes I have exactly the same issue with my flyover, does not matter what car, magnet or no magnet if you come into the flyover too hot, you will deslot and shoot off the track and board, I solved the shooting off the board by simply using some gutter guard and placing it along the flyover, approximately at the middle of the crest. This doesn't stop deslots, but it does stop the cars getting serious air.


Quote
#15

There was me thinking that the idea was to drive the track as it is and try and stay on it Bigsmile

Maybe I've been doing it wrong Wavegreen
[+] 1 member Likes Gordon Steadman's post
Quote
#16

Hi Gordon , I agree with you about driving the track and when I'm on my own I rarely launch a car but you know how it is when the red mist of competition is upon you Angry


Steve
Quote
#17

Nah...Mr Cool me!! Cool
Quote
#18

What a Dude !!!!!

Steve
Quote
#19

I agree...much less of a consideration with digital, although factoring in number and locations of LCs is important.
Quote
#20
Icons8-no-entry-16 

Close is good enough.

Interesting trumps equal lane lengths...

So many cars...  So little time...
www.ntxslotcars.com  Checkeredflag
[+] 1 member Likes Ntxslotcars's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by JasonB
13th-Mar-23, 12:46 PM
Last Post by 964rh
16th-Apr-21, 06:27 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)