Posts: 69
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 96 in 46 posts
Likes Given: 5
Joined: Nov 2019
Unless you plan from the beginning for just that result all the lanes rarely come out EXACTLY the same.
In our club racing format each racer rotates through all of the lanes so if there is a bit of a difference it doesn't matter.
My track I've only measured the middle lane to figure the track length, it was a smidgen under 70'
Another club track was planned by the owner with an equal # of left and right curves and the same radius's for each direction. all three lanes are exactly the same. 66.5'
One of our 1/24 scale 4 lane tracks was recently measured and the result was about a 1-2" stagger over 70'
(This post was last modified: 30th-Mar-20, 03:21 PM by
Mitch58.)
•
Posts: 539
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 829 in 380 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Jun 2019
(30th-Mar-20, 03:06 PM)Tamar Wrote: I'd just love to have a 320m long scale copy of the Nurburg Ring....
Hell-Yeah !
•
Posts: 12
Threads: 2
Likes Received: 14 in 8 posts
Likes Given: 0
Joined: Apr 2019
Now, I agree I am a poor driver on a small track but at 2 lanes there seems to be minimal difference. The inner track is a bit shorter but you have to take the R!'s particularly, slower than the Outer lane so I can get within a couple of tenths either way,' I'm not that consistent. To be fair its a non issuefor me as if I am racing, its against pace cars and then track length does not come into it its, planning and fuel use than really count after driver skill (or in my cake lack of same).
Posts: 597
Threads: 49
Likes Received: 446 in 271 posts
Likes Given: 954
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Australia
(30th-Mar-20, 12:34 PM)Fluff Wrote: <snip>
but in all honesty the flyover with fast cars is a pain in the arse as the launch themselves into the scenery hence the GOLD meetings cause so much damage on my track <snip>
Steve
Yes I have exactly the same issue with my flyover, does not matter what car, magnet or no magnet if you come into the flyover too hot, you will deslot and shoot off the track and board, I solved the shooting off the board by simply using some gutter guard and placing it along the flyover, approximately at the middle of the crest. This doesn't stop deslots, but it does stop the cars getting serious air.
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
There was me thinking that the idea was to drive the track as it is and try and stay on it
Maybe I've been doing it wrong
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Hi Gordon , I agree with you about driving the track and when I'm on my own I rarely launch a car but you know how it is when the red mist of competition is upon you
Steve
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
Nah...Mr Cool me!!
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
•
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 0 in 0 posts
Likes Given: 0
Joined: Feb 2021
I agree...much less of a consideration with digital, although factoring in number and locations of LCs is important.
•
Posts: 32
Threads: 4
Likes Received: 44 in 18 posts
Likes Given: 14
Joined: Feb 2021
Location Dallas TX
19th-Feb-21, 11:57 PM
Close is good enough.
Interesting trumps equal lane lengths...
So many cars... So little time...
www.ntxslotcars.com