Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Micro scalextric layouts and other
#1

I have been playing with micro scalextric. Been into scalextric for years but a mistaken purchase of a micro car sent me on this venture. Also I use the track for car roadway on ho train layouts.
[+] 3 members Like Steam's post
Quote
#2

I do layout planning the old fashioned way

   

This is one of my favourite tracks

   

And this one is to fit a specific sized area
More to come.

   
[+] 4 members Like Steam's post
Quote
#3

Yep, old skool always works, who needs a pc or phone app

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
Quote
#4

Been mucking around with various layouts trying to decide which I like best before I commit to a semi permanant fix. 2 schools of thought were in play, layouts to use all the track I have here and layouts of actual real world tracks and other ideas. Real world tracks do not necessarily make good scalextric layouts. I think a good long straight or 2 and a few twisty bits as well as corners work best.
I have narrowed it down to 3 or 4 layouts so I will show my choice shortly after some scenery is added.
Been away for the week so I am now back into it.
[+] 2 members Like Steam's post
Quote
#5

Don't forget to leave space for the track marshals.  Thumbup
Quote
#6

These are the layouts I have settled on. Dont worry about the small gaps or overlaps, the track connects ok.
I just need to make the final decision then get on with the scenery etc. 

   

   

   
[+] 2 members Like Steam's post
Quote
#7

I use my computer to plan tracks, the latest six lane track below. 

What I am looking for is someone to 3D print me 15" banking for Tomy AFX track, they make 9" and 12" but that limits me to 4 lane banking. Any ideas?


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Quote
#8

Finally settled on this.Table Plains Raceway.
Details here.

https://slotracer.online/community/showt...p?tid=5311

Enjoy.
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by pj racing
2nd-Feb-21, 12:23 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: