Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 3,216
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,784 in 2,086 posts
Likes Given: 565
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
Can you watch this as a live stream in the UK ?
•
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
The opening ceremony is live on the Dakar YouTube channel tomorrow (Saturday), but don’t expect live action during the event, just highlights.
The Eurosport/Discovery+ coverage has traditionally been identical to the official YouTube footage, also shown for free on the Red Bull TV app (also a good source of WRC daily highlights).
(This post was last modified: 2nd-Jan-26, 05:47 PM by
woodcote.)
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
I've just been watching highlights on the Dakar Rally FB page...blimey, the prototype cars have full blown racing V8 engines! They don't half howl at full chat!
Pump up the volume...
Carlos Sainz giving it some!
I love puttering with gears
(This post was last modified: 3rd-Jan-26, 06:15 PM by
BAracer.)
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Whilst this is how a Toyoto Hilux sounds...
Pedal to the metal
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
They sound wonderful and a super sight
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
There’s this highlights reel on YouTube of the first week of the Dakar Classic:
https://youtu.be/8HRiiTqriVk
Definitely worth a watch.
And first week’s highlights of the full event:
https://youtu.be/l9fYtvTrIU0
(This post was last modified: 11th-Jan-26, 07:27 AM by
woodcote.)
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Chips in the desert!
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
How to tackle a dune!
Not too fast, not too slow...
I love puttering with gears
•