Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
As I did a
review of it I suppose I had better own up to buying one!
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Hello Brian, well done for taking the brave step in to this community, you are amongst good people here.
Who will be first to show a photograph of their Scalextric Volvo Estate with a dog alongside ?
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
Your wish is my command:
Now to dismantle the car so I can fit it inside!
(This post was last modified: 13th-Dec-25, 03:56 PM by
CMOTD.)
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Well done Brian !
Today I found a dog amongst my little people.
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
I expect that Santa will deliver some of these Volvos so I am hoping this topic will inspire those who are on the "Nice" list.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 4,501
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,193
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Sounds like they're not going to stay looking new for long
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 304
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 291 in 158 posts
Likes Given: 51
Joined: Sep 2019
Location Cornwall
I pre-ordered mine the day they were announced last January, it has already competed in our 'production' saloon class, it didn't do too well but it was straight out of the box
Bernie, racing since 1969
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Cheers Bernie,
Does it still have the door mirrors or have they been broken off? They seem reasonably good survivors.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 4,501
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,193
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
We had a Saturday Scalextric Club meeting yesterday, one club member drove an out of the box Volvo and it was a lovely smooth runner, I was most impressed.
Yes it still has it's magnet but the track braid isn't anywhere near as magnetic as plastic track.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 307
Threads: 20
Likes Received: 583 in 224 posts
Likes Given: 497
Joined: Dec 2020
Location Herne Bay
Here's mine...
Built with an Amato 3d Chassis, Slot It running gear and Staff Wheels
Runs quite well alongside a PCR chassis'd Scalextric Sierra. Hoping for more 90's BTCC from Scalextric in 2026