Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
A bargain bucket purchase at the UK Slot Car Festival, a Carrera Maserati A6GCS.
With a bit of fettling, it should be good to enter into Graham's Targa Florio proxy on here!
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 162
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 312 in 146 posts
Likes Given: 180
Joined: Apr 2019
I thought there would be a lot of posts of cars bought at Gaydon but apparently not! It did seem a little quieter than previous years to me on Saturday.
I picked up two cars. A Scalextric Castrol Jaguar XJR9 and a Sauber for the princely sum of £20.
Having just seen Rob's Swift Slots video, I think I could have looked harder and got more but I was being miserly!
•
Posts: 4,504
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Sadly the £300+ return ferry cost rules out any chance of a visit for me.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 573
Threads: 9
Likes Received: 569 in 284 posts
Likes Given: 727
Joined: Mar 2021
Both are new to me…
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Bought on pre-order, does that count?
Caressed one at the UKSlot Festival, and it's a beaut! Right from the heart of my touring car era.
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 3,216
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,784 in 2,086 posts
Likes Given: 565
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
Perhaps by coincidence I bought this SCX Volvo 850 body earlier in the year, probably a good candidate for the Global Touring Cars Challenge Proxy for next year.
And in a moment of weakness on Saturday's Slot Car Festival this 60's Alfa Giulia Roadster body. This was from seeing Racing Replicas painted version on display.
You can see the decorated version by Pete Shepherd in the line up below, #32
He does some really great small vintage car kits too
(This post was last modified: 12th-May-25, 08:47 PM by
Graham.)
Posts: 4,504
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
I finally got a nice white one...to go with a shabby one and a ropey as heck one.
The green one makes 2 to go with 2 blue ones a red soft top and a silver one.
...NO MORE!!!
.
.
.
.
(for now...I think there's a yellow one

)
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 2,055
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,126
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
(12th-May-25, 11:46 PM)Kevan Wrote: ...NO MORE!!!
Riiight. Sure. Whatever you say.
Posts: 4,504
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
I shouldn't have checked because I'm not even near halfway yet
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 193
Threads: 23
Likes Received: 326 in 126 posts
Likes Given: 922
Joined: Apr 2019
(12th-May-25, 05:03 PM)Brumos RSR Wrote: Both are new to me…
Those Martine Porsches are getting rare, a few on the Bay of E for ridiculous money.