Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
One light, no photoshop...
![[Image: zb1ni9P.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/zb1ni9P.jpg)
Here is how...
![[Image: MRFCuEh.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/MRFCuEh.jpg)
...and there is my fancy studio, with my fancy lights...oh, and the dryer next to the washing machine!
13 members Like fotodoug2's post:13 members Like fotodoug2's post
• munter, Johnno, Dirk, Brumos RSR, rallyhub, ePilot, Carver, Kevan, BAracer, mickey thumbs, KensRedZed, JasonB, ZeGas
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Nice one Doug. Really glad you've shared this.
I found a couple of your set up photos in one of the folders you kindly sent me, so all of the time I've been looking at your wonderful photos, I knew they were achieved with basic stuff and a very good eye.
It wasn't my place to share that, but I think most people have probably imagined you have an expensive studio set up.
Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
Minor photoshop retouching
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Well I never!
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Doug is a great teacher too.
I didn't have a washer and dryer nearby. So I used the next best appliance. The basement stove.
The glass base was given to me by Doug. Thank you again, Doug! It has a 1"-inch hole for the guide. Doug's glass is painted black underneath. Mine is painted white. It gives more of a softer silhouette reflection instead of a mirror reflection.
A camera stand, and photo delay are your best friends. The background is a sheet of white foam from the dollar store.
(This post was last modified: 23rd-Dec-24, 12:26 PM by
KensRedZed.)
Posts: 121
Threads: 16
Likes Received: 214 in 83 posts
Likes Given: 32
Joined: Jun 2019
Location Japan
Nice to see the setup behind the shot.
To my mind I like the image without the photoshop a bit better. It looks like racing in the wet with spray coming off the road.
Also I believe we have the same/similar tplink mesh extender :)
My DIY projects and failures at https://dazee-projects.blogspot.com/
Various projects and videos at https://www.youtube.com/@DaleChan-nel
•
Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
"tplink mesh extender "...don't know what that is.
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
(23rd-Dec-24, 12:56 AM)fotodoug2 Wrote: Jason, I gave you unrestricted use of any of my photos...don't hold back if you think it will help people. There are over 700 photos on my Imgur page...you have access to all of them should you want. who else wants that kind of crap?

Doug, we might have to disagree if you're going to call any of your work crap, because you know I think your work is outstanding.
I have a folder on my laptop, simply called 'Doug'. It has 769 of the finest slot car photos anyone could ever wish for within it.
If there are more, please chuck them at me, they will be very greatfully recieved.
Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
Thank you Jason, that is very kind!