Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
Plain...
![[Image: 2sYLDHZ.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/2sYLDHZ.jpg)
...or splash?
(This post was last modified: 23rd-Sep-24, 02:35 AM by
fotodoug2.)
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
I like them both. I would hang them up on opposite walls and call the plain one "Before", and call the splash "After".
(This post was last modified: 23rd-Sep-24, 03:32 AM by
KensRedZed.)
•
Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
Ken, I was just playing with your Zed...it was fun, but nothing to show you...I'll work on it a little more tomorrow!
(This post was last modified: 23rd-Sep-24, 03:56 AM by
fotodoug2.)
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
A different coloured splat perhaps?
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
Plain: The splash removed the simple elegance of the car and confuses the eye.
•
Posts: 612
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 1,350 in 580 posts
Likes Given: 1,852
Joined: Jun 2019
Location The Netherlands
I also prefer plain. No distractions, quieter picture.
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Either would probably look better with longer exposure or larger aperture as half the body detail is too dark to see.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
I like both, but have a definite preference for the plain background. I'm not a big fan of fist fights, and the splash has definitely come looking to battle for top billing. Stand down Mr Background, you have just the one job here.
Having said that, the little blue highlight showing on the front edge of the underside of the wing, looks a little unnatural against the plainer background, whereas it's barely visible against the splash.
Personally, I'd be tempted to experiment with a little more space on the left of the photo. You've obviously chosen a very dynamic perspective, which definitely suggests movement in a particular direction, namely to the left and away from us. But a little more room for the car to move in that direction might just increase the drama.
Needless to say, both are better than anything I could do.
•
Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
Like this Kevan, and Jason?
(This post was last modified: 23rd-Sep-24, 08:18 PM by
fotodoug2.)
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Nothing showing for me Doug.