Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Fly truck slot guides?
#1

Anyone got a UK source for Fly Truck slot guides (with springs) please? Pendles are sold out and a Google search hasn't turned up anything, nor has eBay.

Is there a suitable drop-in alternative at all?

One of three used Fly trucks I bought had a Scalextric guide fitted. Unsprung and the post is too short and too tight a fit to work anyway
Quote
#2

I replaced the guides in my trucks with ScaleAuto guides and brass inserts made by Dennis Samson. You can contact Dennis through Electric Dreams in Los Angeles or if you have FaceBook.
Quote
#3

Ah, thanks. I think I have a couple of those guides - but 'brass inserts'? Not heard of that but might have seen something similar as 3D printed pieces. Do these bring the slot guide area up to the same level as the rest of the floor pan?
Quote
#4

Here's some pics from one of my trucks, the brass insert is glued in place in the chassis.

               



Here's the upgraded rear axle and motor

   
Quote
#5

Not what I was expecting but thanks for photos of the brass insert - and the rest of the chassis too  Cool
Quote
#6

I make my own from 4mm 'thin wall' brass tube which has an ID of 3.6mm

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
Quote
#7

Hope this helps.  https://slotcarcorner.com/collections/al...n+Classics
[+] 1 member Likes Brumos RSR's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WilkFrisk
7th-Nov-23, 06:00 AM
Last Post by Savage GT
2nd-Apr-22, 06:11 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)