Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

BMW M4
#1

I decided to start a new thread on my Carrera BMW M4 kit bash after a few posts in the What’s on your  bench section. To recap, tired of waiting for the promised Sideways car, I decided to tackle the Carrera version. Converting to sidewinder using ProSpeed Slot Car 3DP chassis, slot.it ball bearing motor pod and NSR Shark 25K motor with slot.it 11/32 gears. Finished chassis is 19 gm lighter than Carrera. Body is also getting a trim. No body grinding or gouging, but trim pieces have lightened. Interior tray is Sideways lexan M6 fitted with Carrera driver and roll bar, saving 9 gm of high-up weight.
I love the wire routing bits under the fron axle. Nice attention to detail by the file maker.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
[+] 6 members Like mickey thumbs's post
Quote
#2

Looking good...but why the duplicate thread?

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
Quote
#3

(19th-Sep-23, 10:31 PM)Kevan Wrote:  Looking good...but why the duplicate thread?

Didn’t want to hog the Bench thread
Quote
#4

All finished except for decals and some detail paint. Total weight with wing is 88gm, 10gm less than the original Carrera.

       

Lap times look to be competitive with bottom half of my GT3 field, but it is a handful to drive given its height. A little weight down low should help.
[+] 3 members Like mickey thumbs's post
Quote
#5

88g leaves a little room for ballast, I like to work around the 95g mark for a big car like this. 
Shark 25 SW should be a great drive.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 2 members Like Kevan's post
Quote
#6

               

This was my first time using MTR32 decals and the are among the best I have used.
[+] 5 members Like mickey thumbs's post
Quote
#7

Very good looking car!

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#8

Very nice !
Quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)