Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
There comes a point where we will all have to hang up our controller for whatever reason. Age, health, frustrations, lack of interest, etc. Some collections become shelf queens. Others are sold off.
I was offered first crack at the collection. I hesitated because I was in disbelief that my friend was giving it all up. Later the same day, the collection was offered to several clubs. The cherries went first. The Ferrari was gone.
Then I got a call to build several scratch built cars for another friend. He found out that I wanted the Ferrari. He's the guy that bought it, so he offered it to me for services rendered. It came to me the long way around.
Ken
(This post was last modified: 27th-Aug-23, 10:34 PM by
KensRedZed.)
Posts: 573
Threads: 9
Likes Received: 569 in 284 posts
Likes Given: 727
Joined: Mar 2021
(27th-Aug-23, 09:45 PM)KensRedZed Wrote: There comes a point where we will all have to hang up our controller for whatever reason. Age, health, frustrations, lack of interest, etc. Some collections become shelf queens. Others are sold off.
I was offered first crack at the collection. I hesitated because I was in disbelief that my friend was giving it all up. Later the same day, the collection was offered to several clubs. The cherries went first. The Ferrari was gone.
Then I got a call to build several scratch built cars for another friend. He found out that I wanted the Ferrari. He's the guy that bought it, so he offered it to me for services rendered. It came to me the long way around.
Ken
Sad, and happy story all in the same. We’ve probably all experienced something similar, but it’s always good to hear when a great part of the history of the forums, boards and face to face race cars get moved around versus disappearing for ever. I’m calling dibs on the Ferrari but we would rather have you stay around and in the hobby for a long time.
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
I have been after a 300 SLR for the Worthing Digital Sussex Trophy Race. We have just stopped off for the night at our daughters on our way to Scotland. She owed me a birthday present and told me to walk down to the local model/ Scalextric shop and choose something. I walk in. I check the display. The owner says he has some second hand cars in the window...Boom!
Looking around further, I found this 2nd hand car amongst this years releases. Will be prepared for the Sierra vs BMW M3 challenge later in the year.
Can't go wrong with a dropped car, eh Ken?
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Both cars are cool, and the price is right.
Happy Birthday, BARacer!
Posts: 159
Threads: 8
Likes Received: 388 in 114 posts
Likes Given: 176
Joined: Sep 2020
My youngest granddaughter picked out the TicTac BMW at the toy shop as her first slot car a few years ago. She has really taken to the hobby and is quite a good, aggressive driver earning the nickname “Princess Nerf”. ?
Posts: 159
Threads: 8
Likes Received: 388 in 114 posts
Likes Given: 176
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Posts: 79
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 203 in 65 posts
Likes Given: 216
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Buckinghamshire
Getting to the end of another year.... and I am wondering how many more cars I can squeeze into it :-)
Slight departures from the Goodwood theme, although I guess some word association with these two could be made........ Elwood???
And then a couple of GT86, that were originally planned for a relivery, but the build quality (very good) just didnt allow for dismantling without suffering significant damage:
Watch this space for some alternative GT86's in the new year :-)
(This post was last modified: 17th-Dec-23, 10:47 AM by
woodingboys.)
Posts: 159
Threads: 8
Likes Received: 388 in 114 posts
Likes Given: 176
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Amongst Christmas prezzies opened today...
Life is like a box of Slot cars...