Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Cars bought by members in 2023

(26th-Apr-23, 11:23 AM)Henk Wrote:  Pendle restocked  Wrench
[Image: ysVgCT4.jpg]
Always loved these cars, and I don't smoke!
[+] 5 members Like fotodoug2's post
Quote

Nice!!!
Quote

New additions to the equipe:


           


           

I was going to refurb the honda and the Matra, but they were hand painted in the 60's and have a patina about them that made me just put them in the cabinet.
I made the driver for the Merc and need to get new decals and did some detailing on the Maserati. OH and added new tyres for them (they use old Scaley Bentley wheeks)

               
[+] 7 members Like Anthony B's post
Quote

(8th-May-23, 08:44 AM)Anthony B Wrote:  New additions to the equipe:
The #18 Ferrari is beautiful.

The TALKING UTTER SLOT podcast is available via Apple, Acast, Spotify, YouTube and more. 
[+] 1 member Likes Scott's post
Quote

According to Einstein "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
In my case this means that every Scalextric car I have bought in the last two years has had QC faults but I still expect the next purchase to work properly straight out of the box.

Here we go again:
   
Arrived today, lovely model but the blue flashing lights don't work! Banghead Cussing Cussing

Had a look inside and nothing obviously adrift so back to Pendle's it goes then.
Quote

Strictly speaking I bought it years ago, but today was the first time out of the box.  

The Fly BMW M3 rally car is seen here with a much more used and abused Ninco Golf because both model cars driven by Toni Ponce, a keen rally driver from the Canaries. 

He also runs a slot car shop, which might explain why there are so many models of his various cars.

The M3 was a limited edition and came with a metal lapel badge for Ponce Motorsport.  All nice touches on a beautifully finished model.

[Image: 350835759_1052921339017973_5892609794332...e=647D4F99][Image: 350658771_1233694850664531_4753161414229...e=647DC505]

The TALKING UTTER SLOT podcast is available via Apple, Acast, Spotify, YouTube and more. 
[+] 6 members Like Scott's post
Quote

I have a white M3, it sits patiently waiting prep for Rally comps, we hardly ever see a Beemer on our Rally stages.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
Quote

I am suffering some buyers regret - but they were cheaper than new scalextrics cars (except for 1) and I just love this brand...... Hand goes up - I go on Ebay and I dont know how to stop!


                   
[+] 3 members Like Anthony B's post
Quote

If the regret is tiny bits falling off, then I know who you feel. I also love them ( when I get hem at a discount). Envious of at least three of that five.

The TALKING UTTER SLOT podcast is available via Apple, Acast, Spotify, YouTube and more. 
[+] 1 member Likes Scott's post
Quote

Anthony

Can LMMs in any way be described as performance cars, or at least offer the opportunity for tuning? 

Are they podded for a start?

I love puttering with gears
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Henk
6th-Jan-26, 07:37 AM
Last Post by Kevan
3rd-Oct-24, 09:59 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)