Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Literally on my bench is a bundle of stuff I didn't realise I needed, bought off the Other Place for loose change (in slot car terms!).
[attachment=28466]
A Proser tyre polisher: Will supplement my Hudy, but also assist with Scalextric tyre prep for Worthing.
A hand drill: No idea what I will be using this for, but it feels right to at least have one in my toolkit.
Digital caliper: I have a lovely imperial dial version handed down to me by my father-in-law. This one will drag me into the metric world.
Magnetic Dish: Probably the star item in the bundle. I'm a big dropper of little bits, so this will save my knees from crawling around my garage floor looking for nuts/screws/washers. Even came with a free washer.
Grease syringe: Not sure what I can use this for in the context of slotting...any ideas?
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Just finished the Shadow and this is awaiting parts - hopefully I can get some second hand ferrari 512s at the upcoming swopmeet in France
I am looking for the Can AM (japanese) Toyota and Nissan decals -anyone have any ideas where I can source these?
•
Posts: 280
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 352 in 149 posts
Likes Given: 196
Joined: Jul 2020
Working on this car for a friend. It's ready for a coat of clear... it's an NSR white kit. A spin on the Gulf livery car...
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
Baby, it's cold outside.......so the bench is the dining table again.
I await some suitable decals from Colin to finish the decoration of the two red Maseratis.
We live in a null zone for buying anything but the basics of life so hopefully, a trip to buy stuff for the house can be combined with getting some paint for the other cars. White for the other two Masers and green for the Bristol.
This is a lovely house and the move was a sensible one regarding ease of maintenance for two old codgers not to mention that the heat was becoming a problem down south but oh how I wish we weren't in a slot desert. Can't have it all I guess.
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
At least they don't have Prancing Horse badges
•
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
When did Ferrari take over Maserati as a matter of interest?
I thought Fiat owned everything Italian now!
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
According to a quick googling...
Quote:When was Maserati owned by Ferrari?
In July 1997, FIAT sold a 50% share in the company to Maserati's long-time arch-rival Ferrari (Ferrari itself being owned by FIAT). In 1999, Ferrari took full control, making Maserati its luxury division.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•