Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Mercedes C111 by Marklin
Mercedes C111 by Marklin, Slot Car (Scalextric Car)
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
LOL
I sooo want to say - ohhhhh thats nice ... but sadly I can't - that is just ugly!! Why could they not at least get tyres and wheels realistically sized
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
I've always liked the C111 but have yet to see a body that came close to capturing the original. Might have to make one I guess. I do have some orange paint!
•
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
The C111 is nice technically if not aesthetically. Front axle has steering and swing. The motor is a delicate small frame type in sidewinder mode. The wheels are the same as on my Marklin 911 Targa and I just realised they are the same colour -
Linky
I always thought that the red markings were original as the roof extension bit is very neat but Mr Google suggests not.
This is a model of the second C111, its not exactly a beauty -
Linky
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com