Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Recently whilst googling for 3D files I found a link to a thread on modelcarsmag forum about printing a kind giveaway 3D file for a Maserati Birdcage.
Today on FB, the same info popped up, a bit more googling found the page with the download link for the file.
Many thanks and kindness to Bill Cunningham for letting the model car 3D printing community use these files.
Although created for model makers and so includes everything bar the engine, this is going to be a lovely Slot car sometime soon...
http://www.modelcarsmag.com/3dprintingresources/
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 304
Threads: 17
Likes Received: 368 in 158 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Apr 2019
That looks great....also available in resin from John Warren in New Zealand
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
I've just checked the thickness of the body at 1/32 (47mm overall width) and it's 0.75mm which is perfect.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 100
Threads: 4
Likes Received: 111 in 58 posts
Likes Given: 20
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Australia
Anyone found more of Bill Cunningham's work
really top quality :)
•
Posts: 100
Threads: 4
Likes Received: 111 in 58 posts
Likes Given: 20
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Australia
anyone successfully printed all the bits and pieces.
printing at scale (which I believe is 1/24)
I have managed to successfully print 1 top frame the body and the battery and seats plus some of the small parts. No luck yet with the bottom frame or other top frames if you have successfully printed would love some tips to get it to work
cheers
David
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
I must admit I'd forgotten about this, no I haven't printed one yet, I seem to have way too many projects to keep tabs on ATM
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 100
Threads: 4
Likes Received: 111 in 58 posts
Likes Given: 20
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Australia
well just finished printing my 3rd attempt (or is it the fourth) and I have successfully printed two top and bottom frameworks with only a small amount of breakage.
my next mission is to learn how to add thickness to the parts. I did try doing it with Meshmixer but must have done something wrong because that print was a big failure and one part that I thicken printed in de-laminated layers
•