Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Cars bought by members in 2022

This just came in today, a future project...
   
[+] 5 members Like DPJ's post
Quote

I waited ages for the very expensive and still not landed on our shores #8 car, and eventually cancelled the pre-order.
Then I stumbled on the factory rejects bodies for a sensible amount, added the interiors to the order and got a pair of 3DP chassis.
As all other parts were in my spares and supplies boxes, I made 2 for the price of one :)

The only reason I can see for the reject, is the white on the body is a little off white and doesn't match the wing.
And a bit of filing to get the front bodies sitting on the support rods correctly.

   

   

   
[+] 7 members Like Savage GT's post
Quote

Satisfying, isn't it  Thumbup
[+] 3 members Like Top Down's post
Quote

Three cars, three different sources.

While my wife visited the Yarndale Craft Show in Skipton recently I aimlessly wandered the streets of the town, doing a doubletake on a window display in a charity shop I passed. All sorts and scales of cars and lorries artistically displayed and all statics bar one, the Carrera Porsche. I took a good look then wandered on, eventually passing the shop a second time. The Porsche was still there so it was meant to be. The manageress was a shrewd cookie though and it was no bargain. However, I had to have SOMETHING as a souvenier of the visit.  Thumbup

   

Next up, a forum buy intended as a pair for my Top Slots & Trains (?) blow-out purchase. Although this is a lightly used item it was still 40% more than the TST purchase (still a good deal though!) BUT they were sold out of this one. The rationale was that it was to be my Saloon class car at the slot car club. However, I still prefer my Pendleised Scalextric Mini, which is a joy to run and always make me smile - sometimes, even laugh!  Rofl

   

Finally, an eBay purchase from the States where a hobby shop was having a 'distressed' sale of water damaged items. I was assured it was only the sleeve which had become damp, distorted and had been removed, so I took a punt using a friend in the States as an intermediary. With free shipping in the States and no extortionate eBay Global Shipping charges, it missed the usual customs/handling charges, which made it cheaper than buying in the UK, if I could have found one! (Of course this was before the UK/US exchange rate fell dramatically after the mini-budget!) 

   
[+] 4 members Like Top Down's post
Quote

Another Ninco Porsche 934, if you have one you want to have more ;)

   
[+] 4 members Like Henk's post
Quote

I've just scored this skyline model which I'll turn into a slot car using the same PP chassis I put on my Brock car.
We'll have a Bathurst show down then.
   
It'll get Jim Richards livery.
   
[+] 5 members Like Tibbs's post
Quote

What a coincidence. I recently found this lightly used HPI Nissan in a white painted finish, with a view to decalling it up as a racer too.

   
[+] 2 members Like Top Down's post
Quote

Always loved the Lola T70 and was pleased to come across this attractive version of Fly's sidewinder motored car, after being inspired by watching this year's Goodwood Festival live streams. 

   
[+] 3 members Like Top Down's post
Quote

(10th-Nov-22, 04:06 PM)Top Down Wrote:  What a coincidence. I recently found this lightly used HPI Nissan in a white painted finish, with a view to decalling it up as a racer too.

Perfect Thumbup
Quote

Nearly. The lights don't work - and I don't have a clue how to fix them.  Tappingfoot
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Henk
6th-Jan-26, 07:37 AM
Last Post by Kevan
3rd-Oct-24, 09:59 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)