27th-Sep-22, 03:02 AM
Cars bought by members in 2022
17th-Oct-22, 12:04 PM
I waited ages for the very expensive and still not landed on our shores #8 car, and eventually cancelled the pre-order.
Then I stumbled on the factory rejects bodies for a sensible amount, added the interiors to the order and got a pair of 3DP chassis.
As all other parts were in my spares and supplies boxes, I made 2 for the price of one :)
The only reason I can see for the reject, is the white on the body is a little off white and doesn't match the wing.
And a bit of filing to get the front bodies sitting on the support rods correctly.
Then I stumbled on the factory rejects bodies for a sensible amount, added the interiors to the order and got a pair of 3DP chassis.
As all other parts were in my spares and supplies boxes, I made 2 for the price of one :)
The only reason I can see for the reject, is the white on the body is a little off white and doesn't match the wing.
And a bit of filing to get the front bodies sitting on the support rods correctly.
19th-Oct-22, 10:49 AM
Three cars, three different sources.
While my wife visited the Yarndale Craft Show in Skipton recently I aimlessly wandered the streets of the town, doing a doubletake on a window display in a charity shop I passed. All sorts and scales of cars and lorries artistically displayed and all statics bar one, the Carrera Porsche. I took a good look then wandered on, eventually passing the shop a second time. The Porsche was still there so it was meant to be. The manageress was a shrewd cookie though and it was no bargain. However, I had to have SOMETHING as a souvenier of the visit.
Next up, a forum buy intended as a pair for my Top Slots & Trains (?) blow-out purchase. Although this is a lightly used item it was still 40% more than the TST purchase (still a good deal though!) BUT they were sold out of this one. The rationale was that it was to be my Saloon class car at the slot car club. However, I still prefer my Pendleised Scalextric Mini, which is a joy to run and always make me smile - sometimes, even laugh!
Finally, an eBay purchase from the States where a hobby shop was having a 'distressed' sale of water damaged items. I was assured it was only the sleeve which had become damp, distorted and had been removed, so I took a punt using a friend in the States as an intermediary. With free shipping in the States and no extortionate eBay Global Shipping charges, it missed the usual customs/handling charges, which made it cheaper than buying in the UK, if I could have found one! (Of course this was before the UK/US exchange rate fell dramatically after the mini-budget!)
While my wife visited the Yarndale Craft Show in Skipton recently I aimlessly wandered the streets of the town, doing a doubletake on a window display in a charity shop I passed. All sorts and scales of cars and lorries artistically displayed and all statics bar one, the Carrera Porsche. I took a good look then wandered on, eventually passing the shop a second time. The Porsche was still there so it was meant to be. The manageress was a shrewd cookie though and it was no bargain. However, I had to have SOMETHING as a souvenier of the visit.
Next up, a forum buy intended as a pair for my Top Slots & Trains (?) blow-out purchase. Although this is a lightly used item it was still 40% more than the TST purchase (still a good deal though!) BUT they were sold out of this one. The rationale was that it was to be my Saloon class car at the slot car club. However, I still prefer my Pendleised Scalextric Mini, which is a joy to run and always make me smile - sometimes, even laugh!
Finally, an eBay purchase from the States where a hobby shop was having a 'distressed' sale of water damaged items. I was assured it was only the sleeve which had become damp, distorted and had been removed, so I took a punt using a friend in the States as an intermediary. With free shipping in the States and no extortionate eBay Global Shipping charges, it missed the usual customs/handling charges, which made it cheaper than buying in the UK, if I could have found one! (Of course this was before the UK/US exchange rate fell dramatically after the mini-budget!)
7th-Nov-22, 11:40 AM
8th-Nov-22, 03:00 PM
10th-Nov-22, 04:06 PM
10th-Nov-22, 04:11 PM
11th-Nov-22, 03:58 PM
11th-Nov-22, 05:14 PM
Nearly. The lights don't work - and I don't have a clue how to fix them.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)