9th-Jan-21, 07:49 PM
Whats on your bench ...
9th-Jan-21, 08:57 PM
Uh? I'll take a look. It shouldn't be.
9th-Jan-21, 09:02 PM
Thanks for letting me know. Should be OK now.
14th-Jan-21, 11:43 AM
Brilliant.
Thanks to fellow Forumite Mazda, I now have the means - and options - to complete the Cheetah. A set of clear and body coloured headlight covers arrived a few minutes ago (14/01/21), along with the missing headlight.
Thank you!
Restoration might still take some time though, as stripping the paint revealed the rear pan to have several hairline cracks. I think the paint was structural!
Thanks to fellow Forumite Mazda, I now have the means - and options - to complete the Cheetah. A set of clear and body coloured headlight covers arrived a few minutes ago (14/01/21), along with the missing headlight.
Thank you!
Restoration might still take some time though, as stripping the paint revealed the rear pan to have several hairline cracks. I think the paint was structural!
19th-Jan-21, 08:04 AM
19th-Jan-21, 08:58 AM
That really looks good Ken
19th-Jan-21, 02:55 PM
Thank you very kindly, Anthony and Jeremy.
It's becoming quite a bit of fun to do this stuff.
It's becoming quite a bit of fun to do this stuff.
22nd-Jan-21, 09:28 AM
(15th-Dec-20, 11:49 AM)964rh Wrote: Update no 2 on my Frankenstein lorry build/bodge!
Progress has been really slow, mainly due to work taking over my day, me not making up my mind on what colour/livery its eventually going to have and a 5 teething month old.
I think the colour scheme will be cream and an electric blue (bit like the Masarati MC12) with track services livery, might try and detail paint the engine/5th wheel bits if I can find a reference pic.
I have made a start on the driver and dash
And rather than go for headlights, found a really small light bar so that'll be mounted on the roof
Holiday coming up and then 3 months of parental leave so hopefully it'll get finished at some point!
I was just thinking about a track clkleaner of some kind, then I saw this !
Keep us updated as I may copy you once you have built it and ironed out any teething issues
11th-Mar-21, 03:02 PM
Barely qualifies for 'What's on your bench .... ' but here are a pair of Caterhams sourced from the FOR SALE section, resurrected at minimal cost.
On the left the blue car in particular really shows the dust gathered 'resting at the back of the pits'. After a good 'wash and brush up' - disassembly, clean in soapy dishwater and re-oil - I opted to remove the remaining headlights and front indicators and simply invested in a pair of mudguards for the yellow car to bring them both up to 'Track Day' spec.
The missing tailpipe on the yellow car was replaced by drilling deep into the silencer' inserting a plastic tube and bending it to shape before securing it with liquid cement. The blue car is missing a front wishbone and rear lights. neither bother me but I may bend up a wire wishbone at some point. Guides are yet to be re-braided. Three of the four rear wheels needed a spot of CA to keep them in place and they might just get wrapped in fresh 'rubber' slicks. We'll see how they go first.
Looking respectable and all ready for some track time again
On the left the blue car in particular really shows the dust gathered 'resting at the back of the pits'. After a good 'wash and brush up' - disassembly, clean in soapy dishwater and re-oil - I opted to remove the remaining headlights and front indicators and simply invested in a pair of mudguards for the yellow car to bring them both up to 'Track Day' spec.
The missing tailpipe on the yellow car was replaced by drilling deep into the silencer' inserting a plastic tube and bending it to shape before securing it with liquid cement. The blue car is missing a front wishbone and rear lights. neither bother me but I may bend up a wire wishbone at some point. Guides are yet to be re-braided. Three of the four rear wheels needed a spot of CA to keep them in place and they might just get wrapped in fresh 'rubber' slicks. We'll see how they go first.
Looking respectable and all ready for some track time again
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)