Posts: 13
Threads: 3
Likes Received: 4 in 1 posts
Likes Given: 10
Joined: Feb 2021
Hi,
Iam starting this new world of the Slot Cars, already did 1/8 Scale and 1/10 a few years back but now i'am into trying the world of Slot Racing.
Cheers
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Olá nberga - and welcome
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Welcome to SlotRacer, Nberga.
Posts: 882
Threads: 51
Likes Received: 2,386 in 709 posts
Likes Given: 2,635
Joined: Apr 2019
Location The Netherlands
Welcome here Nberga,
I did some 1:10 RC fun racing with a Tamiya Mini as well.
rallyhub
Posts: 280
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 352 in 149 posts
Likes Given: 196
Joined: Jul 2020
Hello nberga. Welcome to the wonderful world of Slot Cars!! You'll find it extremely rewarding, I think, coming from RC cars. Some manufacturers cars are extremely detailed and are not intended to "race" (LeMans Miniatures), and others are intened to race right out of the box (RevoSlot and NSR). And then you have the 1:24 scale cars the BRM provides that are amazing to look at and run. Enjoy!!
I hear Portugal is one of the places that runs 1/5 scale RC cars - like this one I have.
Posts: 1,748
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Hello nberga, greetings from Scotland.
Slot-cars are nicely detailed model cars - and they can be driven.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Welcome and good to have you.
I started in Slots in the sixties, then progressed to 1/10 off road, 1/2th on road and finally to 1/8th on road. It just got crazy expensive and with a young family, I had to stop.
•