The set I got as my starter pack getting into the hobby was the Gulf Racing set an log version. Cars that come with it are basic cars no working lights but that not a problem I new that. But the quality of the track is very poor as it pulls apart very & cheap tacky.
The weak link is the newer style of track fastening together they just pull apart out of the slits that the holesite they go into even the clip on the other fastener is rubish. So what I have done is rapted some insolation tape round the smooth fastener ( 4 layers round ) and that hold the smooth fastener better in the hole / slit
[hr]
Graham.
My Instagram page for Scalextric
@severncrescentracing
(This post was last modified: 3rd-Feb-21, 12:52 PM by Anthony B.)
Hi Graham. When some of the track pieces are brand new, the connectors don’t click into place. Those ninety-degree corners are notoriously bad.
There are little flaps on the top of the tabs - and they need to click into place behind the slit/opening on other track piece. To do this, lift the flap up and then push the track together hard until the flap clicks into place... then you have a very secure join!
It does get better with use - when everything loosens up enough. And some track pieces are okay from new, but for some pieces it does take some tweaking to get right. Scalextric did put those tips in the instruction sheet after plenty of customer feedback, but you might have an earlier set?
(3rd-Feb-21, 09:17 AM)woodcote Wrote: I took these pics this morning. Here's me easing out the flap on a tab so it will click tight on the connecting track...
And the relevant stuff from the instruction sheet in my Le Mans 24h set...
I hope that helps!
Hi Andy,
Yeah I did trie that with a screwdriver but still was having probllems.
Why did they they swap from the original method I ask myself.
If I did not know better I would say this track was a cheap Chinese
copy of Scalextric track lol.
[hr]
Graham.
My Instagram page for Scalextric
@severncrescentracing